Welcome to the informative Web Unit Surgery Policlinic Nuestra Señora del Rosario in Ibiza
Many of our surgeries are performed with the Da Vinci robot.
The Da Vinci robot offers great advantages in surgery for both patients and surgeons.
The small incisions made during surgery lead to better post-operative results, both in terms of aesthetics and in terms of the patient's quality of life.
For example, patients with colon cancer can be back to their normal diet in less time than with traditional surgery.
Other advantages for the patient are:
Surgeries are easier for the surgeon. Firstly, thanks to the excellent image quality provided by the Da Vinci. Secondly, the robot allows them to access areas of the anatomy that would be impossible with other techniques.
Dr. Francisco J. Vilás
- Graduated in Medicine from the University of Barcelona
- Specialist in General Surgery and Digestive System: Public Hospitals in Lyon (from 1983 to 1988) and Cornell University of New York (in 1988).
- He has been working in Ibiza since 1989, apart from two stays at the Lyon Hospital and the Saint Antoine Hospital in Paris.
Conferences and congresses
- Lecturer and speaker in numerous national and international congresses, he has more than 25 publications in medical journals.
He has been a pioneer in laparoscopic surgery at European level since 1989. Today, more than 90% of the operations at the Ntra. Sra. del Rosario. Sra. del Rosario.
Dr. Mario Ronquete Cierto
- Graduate in Medicine from the Universidad de Santiago de Compostela.
- Specialist in General Surgery and Digestive System.
- From May 1991 to date he has been working in the General and Digestive Surgery Service of the Nuestra Señora del Rosario Hospital.
Courses, congresses and publishings
- Analyses of survival in patients with hepatic metastases of colic origin after hepatic resection (XXIII Congreso Internacional de la Sociedad de Cirugía del Mediterraneo Latino).
- Presentation of our experience in the treatment of severe gastroesophageal reflux: evaluation of the abdominal, thoracic and laparoscopic tracts (XXIII Congreso Internacional de la Sociedad de Cirugía del Mediterraneo Latino, primer comunicante).
- Presentation of our experience in surgical laparoscopic treatments of hiatal hernia resistant to the conventional medical treatment (XX Congreso Nacional de Cirugía).
- Treatment of gastroesophageal reflux using the Nissen technique with laparoscopy (Congreso Nacional de Cirugía).
- Jejunal diverticulosis as cause of acute abdomen (Congreso Nacional de Cirugía).
Other professional activities
- Collaboration as First Assistant in Orthopaedic and Traumatology Surgery, participant in the work contribution of 3D-CT in the preoperative planning of acetabular fractures (Congreso de la Sociedad de Ortopedia y Traumatología Europea).
- Monographic course of the knee and the Asociación Española de Artroscopia
- Collaborator as well as first assistant in the Gynecological and Neurological Surgery Service.
Dra. Paula Martínez Pérez
- Graduate in Medicine, Universidad de Oviedo (2009-2015).
- Specialist in general and digestive surgery at the Hospital Universitario Marqués de Valdecilla, Santander (2016-2021).
- Master in Clinical Medicine, Universidad Camilo José Cela (2016)
- Master in General and Digestive Surgery, Universidad San Pablo CEU (2017)
- Specialist Diploma in Hepatobiliopancreatic Surgery and Transplantation, Universitat de Barcelona (2020)
- Master in Breast Surgery, Universidad Francisco de Vitoria (2021)
- Master in Proctology (2021)
- Master in Cosmetic Surgery and Advanced Techniques, Universidad Isabel I (2021)
Dr. Leopoldo D. Salvatierra Arrieta, M.D., FACS.
- General Surgery Residency at Hospital Universitario La Paz (Madrid)
- Fellow Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery – VU University Medical Center – Amsterdam
- Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Research 2008-2009
- Research Centre – Hospital Carlos III
- Master in General and Gastrointestinal Surgery
November 2017 – November 2018
Grupo Policlínica has an international department that will solve all your doubts if you are a foreign patient. In the following link you can see all the information about this department and contact them if you need it.
At Ntra. Señora del Rosario has performed more than 10 000 surgical operations.
The Policlínica has advanced technology that allows us to perform highly complex laparoscopic surgery, as well as the support of the Intensive Care Unit for the treatment and post-operative medical care after serious urgent surgery, and also programmed surgery of great importance and complexity.
We have the latest diagnostic technology. Our patients benefit from non-invasive tests such as CT, Angio-CT or MRI, as well as more invasive tests such as Endoscopy or Interventional Radiology.
In the management of our patients, the Surgical Department is supported by the Oncology Department to optimize the management of those patients who require integrated medical-surgical treatment.
These procedures include all types of General Surgical Pathology.
If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to contact us!